Sunday, January 9, 2011

k2tog

Today, unfortunately, I had to tackle a big thing -- putting away the holiday decorations and taking down the tree. But I had a week of small accomplishments to keep me going while I was digging through boxes of boxes to find just the right box for each ornament. And many of those little things will pay dividends.

So, picking up where I left off (after LT No. 1 -- the pots & pans cabinet and LT No. 2 -- subscribing to Real Simple):

LT No. 3: Knitters United (Time: 10 minutes)

One day before the holidays, I carried my knitting to work because I was meeting up with my knitting group after work. In doing so, I discovered my cube-mate had been wanting to learn to knit. I promised her that after the holidays, I'd send out a call for knitters at the office to see if there was interesting in starting a work knitters group -- and that I'd help her get started. I sent a quick email to the women of the office last Tuesday -- and within 15 minutes, I had a dozen responses! Most have never knitted before, so I may have my work cut out for me (especially since I've only been knitting about a year myself). Follow-up for this week: Schedule our first meeting.

LT No. 4: A Re-gift Everyone Can Appreciate (Time: 5 minutes)

Last year for Christmas, my mother-in-law gave me a gift card to Ann Taylor -- a store I like, but seldom shop at because the clothing is too formal for my shorts-and-flip-flops workplace. I finally got around to using it a couple of weeks ago -- that is, all but $9 of it. (Darn sale!) I'd put on my list to order something online to finish up that card. But I would have had to spend at least another $40 to spend that $9 -- so I gave it away to a co-worker. She appreciated, I saved money, and I emptied one more card out of my wallet.

LT No. 5: Change, Please! (Time: 10 minutes)

Ok, I admit this one is a little quirky, but I'd been saving my Nuun containers because I knew they'd come in handy for something, eventually. For those of you who don't frequent running/tri shops, Nuuns are electrolyte tablets that you drop into your water bottle. They come in tubes that are, conveniently, exactly the size of a quarter. This week, I filled one with quarters (from my husband's stash -- shhh) and stuck it in my glove box so I'm never without change for the meter or tolls. Added bonus: I found my gloves! Apparently last year I felt the glove box was the appropriate place to put them:).

LT No. 6: In the Round

Coming full circle this week, back to knitting. For my birthday (4 months ago!), my parents gave me a gift card to Knitpicks.com. This week, I finally put it to use. I ordered a new knitting book (101 Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders), some needles, a notions case, and few other tidbits. Can't wait from them to arrive!(And I'm not posting the time for this one -- I'll admit, I spent much longer than 30 minutes, but that's because I was having so much fun shopping!)

Peace,

LucyB

1 comment:

  1. Any post titled "k2tog" is a post I can get behind. :) I think this is a wonderful way to stir up some Little Things for the week. And I am sure your colleague was tickled pink by the gift card! Right in time for those post-holiday sales. :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete